Terms and Conditions for Individual and Group Bookings
Bookings and Payments
- Bookings for individuals or groups requires a deposit payment of £50.00 refundable up until 30 days before arrival.
- The balance of the total booking cost is payable 30 days before arrival.
- Confirmation of the booking will be given upon receipt of the deposit.
- Bookings made at short notice require full payment at the time of booking.
- Sole use of the Bunkhouse can be secured with a minimum booking of 7.
- We do not provide holiday cancellation insurance; we strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance cover.
- 30 full days’ notice of cancellation is required. If this is given, then the deposit of £50.00 will be refunded less a £5.00 administration fee.
- If 30 full days notice of cancellation is not received then the deposit of £50.00 will not be refunded.
Cancellation by Ourselves
In the unlikely event that the All Stretton Bunkhouse becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control we will endeavour to find alternative suitable accommodation. Should this not meet your approval or not be possible we will refund all monies paid. We shall not be under any other liability.
Acceptance of Bookings
The booking is accepted only on the understanding that no more than the number of people declared on the booking shall stay. We reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking where it subsequently transpires that information has been withheld from us either by numbers in the party or its composition.
We reserve the right to decline to accept a booking or refuse to admit to the Bunkhouse any person or group where, in our opinion, the facilities are not suitable for the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party, without liability on either side. In such cases we shall not be liable to make any refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
For health and safety upon arrival, the number of guests residing in the Bunkhouse must be confirmed. If the number is to change (i.e. increase/decrease) during the stay we must be informed as soon as practicably possible.
- Be responsible for the good conduct of their group or themselves.
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety of all group members, other guests, residents or otherwise.
- Be responsible for making yourself aware of fire procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the door code is kept safe
- Ensure that all passageways are kept clear and doors are left unobstructed.
- Ensure that no cooking or reheating of food is done after 10pm.
- Inform the proprietor immediately should there be any power or equipment failure.
- Any breakages must be notified to us as soon as is reasonably practical after they have occurred.
- Ensure that all appliances in the kitchen are switched off properly and that the kitchen is left in a clean and safe condition. In addition, we ask that kitchen equipment is used in a safe and sensible manner. We cannot be held responsible for those who use our equipment and appliances inappropriately.
- To notify any damage or breakages. These must be paid for in terms of cleaning, repairs or replacement.
- Ensure that the Bunkhouse is left clean and tidy.
- Ensure all crockery and cooking utensils are properly washed, dried and put away prior to leaving the kitchen and dining area. The proprietors reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee, if this is not done.
- Ensure that all recyclable rubbish is sorted following the instructions given in the kitchen.
- Visitors of hostel guests are allowed on the hostel premises, after agreement with the owners in advance.
The Bunkhouse has underfloor heating throughout the ground floor rooms which is turned on in the colder months and is set to run efficiently and cost effectively.
The zoned heating in the Bunkhouse is set to come on twice a day for a few hours in the morning and from late afternoon to bed-time. The temperature can be regulated with the room thermostats
Bikes and Bike Storage
- Bikes are not allowed into the Bunkhouse building under any circumstances.
- The cycle shed should be locked at all times when unattended. The code for the padlock will be provided on request.
- The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to any bike left in the bike shed.
- There are 2-3 parking spaces situated below the Bunkhouse next to the double garage.
- When parking please ensure that no access and exit points or gates have been blocked. Parking should be done in a manner that all vehicles can exit at all times.
- If your party has more than 2 cars, then you may park in the NT carpark on the valley floor (free to NT members).
- Those in charge of children and teenagers/youths, please ensure that they do not climb on any walls, gates or enter fields.
- Guests should not enter any fields or animal enclosures without express permission.
- Dogs are allowed in the hostel for group bookings only.
- All bed linen is provided (Duvets, Pillows, Sheets, etc) and all beds are fully made up prior to arrival
- Towels can be hired by prior arrangements (fee applies)
- Under no circumstances should guests bring pillows, duvets, sheets, blankets or sleeping bags into the hostel. Guests not complying with this will be asked to leave immediately and will be liable for professional cleaning costs (£30 per room) of any rooms where linen has been brought in. Any outstanding balance of nights booked, but not taken through early departure, will not be refunded.
No Barbeques are allowed at the Bunkhouse or surrounding areas, (in line with National Trust requirements).
No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to any group member, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors engaged by us as the hostel owners.
If, upon arrival you feel that there are reasonable grounds for complaint we must be notified immediately so that, if possible, appropriate action can be taken during your stay. If a reason for complaint should arise during your stay, you must similarly contact us as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of your stay, unless they were raised when they arose.
Whilst everything will be done within our power to attend to repairs to property, furniture, equipment, facility that may be faulty or fail during your stay, no guarantees will be given and no refunds will be granted should any breakdown occur and not be immediately rectified.
Conduct of Individuals and Groups
Batch Valley is in a quiet location and there may be other visitors staying in the Bunkhouse We therefore ask our hostel guests to:-
- Keep noise levels both outside and inside within reasonable limits. Especially in the evening and after 10pm.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Keep drinking to a reasonable level.
- The Bunkhouse is a strictly no-smoking establishment. Guests wishing to smoke are requested to do so outside, disposing of cigarette butts in the bin provided. Please note that offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken through early departure.
- Anyone found in possession of or using illegal drugs will be required to leave the premises immediately.
- Candles, joss sticks, fireworks and primus/gas stoves are not permitted in the Bunkhouse due to fire risks.
Servicing of the Hostel
The communal areas and bathrooms are serviced at the end of each stay or more often if required, bathrooms cleaned, bins emptied, communal area floors cleaned, fire escape routes checked etc… If during your stay you feel anything needs attention or you run out of toilet rolls, tea towels or cleaning products please request these from the house.
- All bedrooms should be vacated promptly by 10.30am on the day of your departure.
- All group members to check out by 10.30am
- Guests should strip the sheet, duvet cover and pillowcase from their beds and place them in the laundry bags in the shower room.
- Check that all belongings have been collected. We cannot be held responsible for anything left behind.
- Should you wish to leave your luggage or car on the day of departure, please ask as we may be able to assist.
- Rooms should be left clean and tidy.
- Kitchens and other public areas should be left clean as found. All cleaning materials and tools are provided for your use.
We cannot accept responsibility for any property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to return lost property this will be done and the postage charged.
All items broken or damaged must be reported to the proprietors as soon as possible.
Internet Usage Policy
A free BT Internet service is provided for All Stretton Bunkhouse. Log on details are displayed just below the modem and on the notice board.
Under current GDPR regulations we are not allowed to keep or store your data in a register on a long-term basis. Please let us know if you would like us to stay in touch with you after your stay.
Should anyone not observe the above terms and conditions, the proprietors reserve the right to cancel the booked accommodation and retain any monies paid for subsequent nights.
If payment for your stay has been made by debit or credit card then these details will be used for any additional and outstanding charges.
Any legal fees incurred in pursuing payment will be borne by you.
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the above terms and conditions will be observed in full.
The proprietors reserve the right to change the above terms and conditions without notice.